Strawberry Rhubarb Kompot


When I was a kid my Mum made this all summer long, 
so this tastes like summer to me. It's a traditional Polish recipe, my Babcia (Grandma) 
Dad's Mum, passed it down to my Mum.


Strawberry Rhubarb Kompot



Fill a large stock pot 3/4 full of water, roughly 16 cups of water.
Add 3-4 large sliced Strawberry Rhubarb Stocks 
2/3 cup of raisins, I like golden
1 large orange sliced, leave the peel on
1 cup of sugar, or more or less to taste, 
you can also use whatever other sweetener you like instead of sugar. 
Bring it all to a low boil, remove from heat. You don't want to over cook the fruit.
Once slightly cooled add 1-1/2 to 2 cups sliced Strawberries.
When cooled refrigerate to drink, this is so good on a hot day. 
I like to strain mine and we put the cooked fruit minus the orange slices on ice-cream.

Comments

Popular Posts